In celebration of Mexican Independence Day this week, Laura wanted to share her signature recipe for Quick and Easy Guacamole with you:
A ripe medium-sized avocado
1/2 scallion (spring onion)
1 tsp chopped coriander
Juice of 1/4
Small garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove all of the flesh from the avocado, discarding the black bits.
2. Mash the avocado with a fork
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
4. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
5. If you can't taste the lime, add 1/4 more.
There are many versions of this iconic dish, but this version is delicious! Some variations even include ingredients like cumin, which you would never see in shop-bought guacamole.